Friday 27 November 2015

Metastasis

My 24th Birthday Bash at Champa Officers' Club
As the time to bid adieu to the past two inconceivable months draws closer, I guess it is that instance where all your memories converge to a point, that can be reflected upon. Yeah! It may finally be time to say goodbye to Bongaigaon...

All the tied up workdays and the desultory Sundays, the daily games and the weekend trips, all the praises and the taunts, everything is about to become a page in our mental ensemble. As my colleagues and I finally receive our official postings and get ready to part ways, I'm glad I was able to squeeze out as much as possible from these past few fortnights.
Farewell BGR...
Our trip to Shillong and the magical town of Cherrapunji proved to be especially worth it. The Mausmai Caves, Elephant and Nohkalikai Falls, Shillong Peak, Barapani Lake and the entire journey through the winding mountain roads was breath-taking to say the least. Dining at our favorite eateries at Guwahati was an added bonus.

But, alas every phase must come to an end at some point. With my twenty-fourth birthday bash along with two other colleagues forming the final chapter in these two sublime months, I hope things get even better from here on out, as we gradually adapt ourselves to IOCL, nevertheless retaining our appetite for out-of-the-box ideas and fresh ventures. To sum it all up, I think a famous quote from Steve Jobs would be appropo:-
"Stay hungry! Stay foolish!"
Trip to Shillong & Cherrapunji

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog