Tuesday 4 April 2017

Wedding Bells Ringing!

Probably one of my last bachelor parties... #Officers' Farewell, 2017

Lucky are those who find love but luckier are those whom love finds! I guess the time that marks the end of my uncommitted wanderings and those wacky bachelor parties has finally come... Marriages in India today are for the most part love-cum-arranged affairs. As society evolves and people become more and more vocal about their desires, the era where love meant eloping with your partner and an arrangement literally meant a blind wedding, is slowly but surely drawing to a close. It can happen in one of three ways; either a couple introduce each other to their families to make their relationship official, or the parents play cupid by helping introduce the bride & the groom and simply letting them run with the ball from there on, or a combination of both.

It was no different in my case. I remember the first time I had met my girl... She looked dazzling draped in an elegant silky blue saree, the depth of her gaze, the simplicity of her smile and her beautiful flowing hair, working their charm. I think we fell for each other almost instantly... We started chatting and dating, and things moved so fast from there on, with no formalities, no confusion, no pathetic friend-zoning for years on end and hence no restraints, that we knew we were in for the long haul! Sorry for any broken hearts along the way... 

So, although it was a whirlwind romance in my case, but this entire process of bride hunting from the perspective of both self and family can be a real eye-opener for many! So, do you think that finding a decent, leave alone a perfect match of choice can be difficult for an eligible groom? Once you sit & think of it, why not? I mean look at the number of parameters that are taken into account at least by those sensible enough, starting from looks, education & family background to medical, professional, cultural & emotional compatibility & what not! The list is endless...
So, first... Looks! What is it all about? Science claims that on an absolute scale a person whose facial and bodily proportions closely resemble the golden ratio could be termed beautiful, as shapes that match this ratio apparently facilitate easy scanning of images by the human eye & subsequent interpretation by the brain. And although the reason behind this has not yet been completely unravelled, I feel beauty is far more subjective than that. After all, we all have our unique tastes and judge with different measuring sticks!

This is furthermore reflected by the fact that people for the most part, have conflicting opinions about the same photo, which is by the way a very poor and incomplete depiction of oneself that might be far from reality! Some gape wide-eyed in awe while some others, probably not having ever been acknowledged by anyone, view everyone else too as ‘average’, that should obviously be interpreted as ‘just another pretty face’... Some really crazy ones actually believe anime chicks are better than real-life gals... Wow! That one really makes me crack up! Basically, it’s your opinion that counts because at the end of the day it is your life and no one else’s.

As for me, I know that the girl I would eventually fall in love with is the most gorgeous in my world. A lawyer by profession, she’s perfect in terms of locational compatibility too. We survived a scare about her blood group being rhesus negative but fortunately it turned out to be otherwise. What all of us must realize is that if we are determined to find a flaw in someone theoretically perfect in every way, we will still succeed by detecting faults where none exist! Hence, within the limits of practicality, I know for sure that you are my perfect match, my sweet Acushla; and I confess that never before have I nor ever will I feel love in its truest form as I have felt for you...
Now & forever... Pia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog